Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Totally saddened

Friends,

  Im totally sadden to day of the demise of a great group called HooksNGrannies. I know I mentioned the group to you all in the past. We have slowed down the past few months but we were still a great group of friends. We have talked lately about closing the group down but the ladies that remained didnt want that to happen. But I went there today and its gone:( I could not believe it! I have been a member of the group going on 4 years and we did great things there. But Rhonda must have decided not to keep the group open. Im going to have a hard time finding a great group of ladies as these are.

  I just need to vent my saddness. Sorry about that. Now Im off to llok for another group who would want me as a crocheter:) How about you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was this an online group, Sherri?  If so, I'm sure you will find another group.  You might even find one in your area and be able to get together with them in person.  Yahoo and MSN both have a ton of different groups and from what I could tell, some are location-specific.

Try this link for the ones on Yahoo:  http://groups.yahoo.com/search?query=crochet

And this one for groups on MSN:
http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?q=crochet+site%3Agroups.msn.com&CO=50&RS=CHECKED&FORM=COENUS&cfg=COENUS&ba=0&v=1

Good luck and cheer up!
Sheila

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about the loss of your group, Sherri, but I do happen to know you're a member of Crochet Partners!  Perhaps if you posted there that you're looking to hook up with other crochet addicts you'll get a few people to respond.

Also, I don't recall if you're a CGOA member or not, but they also have an online group.  If you're a member you can post to the group that you're looking for other local crocheters -- perhaps to start your own Chapter?  

You might also want to check out this site: http://crochet.meetup.com/ and see if there is a meet up planned for your area.

I hope this helps, Sherri.  Remember, you also have your online buddies too like Sheila and I.  We might be seperated by many miles, but we're just an email away.  :)
~Dee