Thursday, June 15, 2006

My 32nd anniversary Mt. Charleston Trip

Friends,

  As you can see I had a most wonderful anniversary thanks to my friend Karen and my kids. They paid for 2 nights and 3 days at the cabin in Mt Charleston. It was wonderful. There was no phones and no tv other than a dvd player. Terry and I read our books that we brought along. Terry chose the Harry Potter series that I had bought him last year and I chose the O'Malley series written by Dee Henderson. Its a great series if you want to read a good book.

  We arrived around 5 pm on Tuesday night ( I missed my crochet meetup group, but they understood!!) we had dinner at the lodge and it was great. Terry tried to get me to order the Ostich burger but I stuck with the salad. The next day we read our books and hung out to watch a gentle rain on the balcony. It was so cool compared to Vegas's very hot 105 degree days. We then went on a little drive around Lee Canyon and we went on a little hike on the mountain. We had a great day.

  I hope to go back again some time this summer when I just cant stand the heat any longer.You will be happy to hear that I did take along a crochet project and I did crochet some. Yipee !!

  Well friends have a very blessed day!

No comments: